In this episode of Partnering Leadership, Mahan Tavakoli speaks with Dr. Elia Gourgouris, founder of Happiness Center and author of 7 Paths to Lasting Happiness and co-author of 7 Keys to Navigating a Crisis, A Practical Guide to Emotionally Dealing with Pandemics & Other Disasters. Dr. Elia Gourgouris shares some of his thoughts and perspectives on how we can nurture happiness in ourselves, and use happiness to become better leaders of organizations.
- Dr. Elia Gourgouris talks about his Greek heritage and culture and how that influenced him to study happiness
- Dr. Elia discusses the importance of self-care for leaders and its importance to great leadership
- The connection between happiness and leadership based on Dr, Elia Gourgouris’ research and experience with leaders
- Why leaders should extend forgiveness for mistakes in leading teams
- How following your passion relates to leading and leadership
- Dr. Elia Gourgouris’ advice on how to become an authentic leader